NX 8.5 has many tools to help you reduce mouse clicks/movements and find tools faster so you can really impress your boss and your clients. Grab a gatorade and get ready to get your game on!
- Fast Break-
- Use the Shortcut Toolbar – Don’t waste valuable seconds searching and clicking through menus! Select an object when no dialog box is open, a toolbar at the cursor location displays commands that are appropriate for the selected object.
- Give and Go-
- With the ‘NX Reuse Library’ there’s no need to recreate standard geometry for each new design. Store reusable shapes for later use.
- Use Your Center-
- Use the Middle-Click mouse button to quickly click through menus. When a button on a menu is highlighted in green, a middle mouse button click will act as a shortcut to that button, which will help you maneuver through menus faster.
- Get the Assist-
- ‘Roles’ tailor the UI by hiding tools you are unlikely to use to carry out your specific day to day tasks. You can use the customization tools to organize menus and toolbars to suit your needs, and then save your settings as your personal role. This is especially efficient when more than one person is using the same NX application since each person can have their own unique roles.
- Capitalize with a 3-Point Play-
- 3DConnexion-3D Mouse increases your productivity by an average of 21%*, and reduces the amount of mouse movement and clicks by 50%*! You’re running out the shot clock if you’re not using this slam-dunk accessory (unnecessary puns). The 3D mouse allows you to orbit, pan, and zoom smoothly through models in ways that are unmatched by a standard keyboard and mouse.
- Use the Playbook-
- NX’s intuitive Command Finder helps you locate a command or tool without searching through all the icons and menus to find it. Click Help- Command Finder or click F4, then type in the command you want to use. In Command Finder you can click on the command that pops up in its search to go directly to it, or hover over the command and NX will show you where it is located in your tool bars and menus.
- Pass to the Hot Hand-
- Right Click Wheel is your go to shooter. If you hold down mouse button 3, 8 different tools hover around your mouse. You can specify which tools you want in preferences. Hold down your right click and have your command at your fingertips or simply hold down mouse button 3 and flick your mouse in the direction of that command.
- The Buzzer Beater-
- Templates allow you to save a sketch or a part as a model template instead of starting with a blank template when beginning a new model. You will save time by not recreating the same part, or importing the part multiple times.
Click here to find out more about a Siemens PLM Software solution for your company!
Get your team in shape!! VMH offers a wide variety of NX Training Courses!